Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I ve had constant urge to pee few days and then it went

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** I ve had constant urge to pee for a few days and then it went away. It was followed by dribbling pee after urination. along with a swelling feeling between the scrotum and anus
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: There was no burning sensation when urinating and no discharge from the penis.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Urology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The symptoms you describe our classic for prostatitis. This probably started as a urinary tract infection. You need to get into see your doctor for urine culture and a prostate exam and you will need to be started on a course of antibiotics such as Cipro for 4 to 6 weeks. You can take an anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen to help decrease the inflammation that is causing the pain. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.