Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Almost a week ago after making love to my wife while she was

Customer Question

almost a week ago after making love to my wife while she was on her period I started to have aching pain in my testicles. I cath myself daily and thought maybe I had another urinary tract infection. I started taking Uristat and Cipro 500 Mg. It seemed to get better 2 days ago but after cutting back on the dose of Cipro my testicles are aching badly and I can not sleep tonight. What could be my issue? Please help.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

Did you have a urine culture done before starting the cipro? What did it show?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

It certainly sounds like you have an infection in your urine has gone to your testicles. Because you responded to Cipro, it's possible that the bacteria is sensitive to Cipro and you need to go back to the full strength this. However, the only way to determine this is to have a urine culture done by your doctor to see if Cipro is appropriate. You need to go have a urine culture done to determine if Cipro is correct. Hope this helps.