Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

When my husband pushed very hard to have a bowel movement he

Customer Question

When my husband pushed very hard to have a bowel movement he felt a pain in his pens and now he has blood coming out of his penis
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

Is he passing blood clots? Is he able to urinate to empty his bladder?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He is urinating and the urine is yellow and then there are drops of blood in it. It burned the first time he went but not now.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He has urinated now 4 times and each time the burning is less and the last time it did not burn and there is less blood coming out.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

The pain he has sounds like he is bleeding from a urinary tract infection or prostatitis. This could've been precipitated by the bow movement. I would recommend that he get to an urgent care center or emergency room to have a urine culture done to see if he needs to be started on antibiotics. He will then need to be referred to a urologist as an outpatient to fully evaluate the cause of the bleeding with cystoscopy and a CT scan. Hope this helps.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 10 months ago.

Did you get my reply?