happy new year Dr! ,married old male here, I made an dumb mistake and had an encounter with a woman I don't know 9 months ago. unprotected oral and quick anal, we stopped as it was unpleasant. one week later I had sex with my wife twice unprotected. a week or so after that I noticed very clear discharge from my penis, burning when urinating, blood in urine
and red tip urethra
. went to walk in, they gave me 1 g z pack and a needle in buttocks forget the name for gonorrhea and chalymdia in tested me for both. days later results came back both neg. my symptoms cleared up and my dr said it must have been a uti or prostatitis - I took cipro for a week and symptoms have not returned - I waited 10 days after the z pack to have sex with my wife again after being told I was sti free and have not had any symptoms since. two weeks ago I was researching prostatitis symptoms as I sometimes have a dull pain in testes, lower back pain, frequency to urinate especially at night (more so the past two weeks which I think is stress/anxiety/prostatitis related) and discovered ngu which I had never heard of and am now worried that maybe I was infected and in turn infected my wife and put her at risk. we have had sex about 70 times the past 8.5 months always unprotected. I am very worried after reading that forum and learning about ngu and have the following questions for you please:
1. do you think I was infected 9 months ago with ngu?
2. if so do you think my wife was infected and I could be re infected? she has not had any symptoms nor have I other than the ones noted above the past two weeks (stress/prostatitis?) .
3. are there fertility or health issues for her or me if you think we were infected?
4. Is ngu easily passed from male to female?
5. I can't find any tests for ngu for men or women...do they exist?
6. is it safe to say that after 8.5 months and me presumably not being re in infected after 70 times having sex that she was not infected and is in the clear I do not need to mention this encounter. I love her very much and don’t want to lose my marriage but I also don’t want her health at risk due to my stupidity.
7. my wife has had BV for years, are NGU and BV connected and if so could I have got ngu from her and not the encounter?
8. can monogamous couples get NGU?
Please help – thanks so much