Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Was able to get better resolution images of the lesion at

Customer Question

Was able to get better resolution images of the lesion at the urethral opening , again, been there close to 3 weeks
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Please post the photos

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it shows them as loaded from my end, but will reload
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The urethral opening looks normal to me. What symptoms are you still having?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a small bump there that wasn't there before. Having frequent urination and urgency. Negative urine cultures and gonorrhea/chlamydia tests. Pain in the pubic area and ?vbladder discomfort. Would prostatitis explain this, or could herpes cause this as well? I've had herpes labialis since I was a kid, and it's usually only in one spot. This time around, I count about 5 areas on my lips breaking out. I am really stressed out about all these symptoms.1. Could herpes explain my urinary symptoms?
2. Does this mean I may have caught hsv-2 in the lips?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No lesions noted in the genitals , just the urethral discomfort / urgency frequency. Can herpes labialis spread on your lips?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Your symptoms do not sound like herpes. Herpes labialis can spread to the mouth and vice versa. Your symptoms are more consistent with prostatitis.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's plausible that I auto inoculated the other areas of my lips vs acquiring a new infection?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Possible but unlikely

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
These new areas with lesions would be more likely due to hsv-2 , since I had hsv-1 already in the lips? Would it be worth getting a culture of these new lesions? Also, is pain/ tenderness in the pubic bone area a symptom of prostatitis ?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, this is more likely HSV 2.

Would it be worth getting a culture of these new lesions?- No, because the treatment is the same for both types.

Also, is pain/ tenderness in the pubic bone area a symptom of prostatitis ?- Yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I was exposed to the hsv -2 , I also had penetrative sex with this person. In light of that, could my urinary symptoms be hsv-2 as well?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, in this case, HSV-2 is possible