Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My left testicle hurts and only the left testicle and it's

Customer Question

My left testicle hurts and only the left testicle and it's not always constant but, when it does hurt I feel like I can barely walk. It hurts when sitting for a extended period as well. And it seems as if it hurts the most and the worst at night. I also have a discharge after but never before I pee that is clear and sometimes a milky color. It does not hurt, burn, or sting during urination. No swelling or redness and no lumps. I am also having trouble keeping an erection for any extended period of time. It comes and goes. And in a flaccid state the tubes running the length of the shaft feel hard... Kinda brittle feeling but it doesn't hurt. This has been going on for a little over 2 months now. Also I have not had sex in 3 months. Family Physician thought it to be an STD but, I told her it had been a month After I had sex that this started.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.

Sometimes, the symptoms of an STD can present in a delayed mentor such as what it sounds like it's happening to you. Your symptoms are consistent with prostatitis which could be due to an STD. If you have not been tested for STDs by your doctor, they need to test you for STDs. We need to do a urine culture as well and they should put you on a course of antibiotics such as Cipro for 4 to 6 weeks to treat this difficult infection. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do STD's not give certain sensations? Such as burning, itching, painful urination, stinging, or trouble urinating? None of which are present in my case? Also I failed to mention that the tube that tuns from my body to the left testicle for lack of a better way to explain is what is hurting the most and I think that is what is causing the discomfort in the testicle. Do STD's not effect both testicles?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.

You don't always have to have burning with STDs. Sometimes, people only present with this charge from the retreat. It does sound like your epididymis is inflamed causing epididymitis. This is typically the first save infection before it actually goes to the testicle. You probably have an infected prostate, testicle in the goodness in this is what is causing all your symptoms. You need to get in to be tested

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Alright thank you for your time and help.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.

You're very welcome. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.