Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have pain in and lower back - had story of prostatitis or

Customer Question

I have pain in testical and lower back - had history of prostatitis or that is what I was told - have taken antibiotics for years but not symptoms won't go away with antibiotics - just did 30 day cirpro, followed by 30 day doxy and now 10 days into Levaquin - in last week or two now I have burning sensation or heat sensation around anus - urologist was going to try Bactrim after Levaquin but I am worried as nothing seems to be working - any suggestions
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Have they done a prostate massage to send fluid to identify any bacteria?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they haven't ....
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Have they done any urine culture at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They took my urine in a cup and said it looked fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay as I am clinic seeing patients today. It sounds to me like they have not done a full evaluation of your prostatitis source. I would recommend that you see another urologist for a second opinion who would consider doing a prostate massage to send the fluid for a culture to exactly determine which antibiotic the bacteria is sensitive to. You will then need to be placed on a 4 to 6 week course of this antibiotic to completely clear the bacteria out of the prostate to treat The symptoms. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.