Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had a kidney stone 4 weeks ago and I'm. Still peeing blood

Customer Question

I had a kidney stone 4 weeks ago and I'm. Still peeing blood off and on have been to dr and all blood work and urine. Test are fine. Is this normal
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Have you passed the stone yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so because the pain stopped and the blood stopped for about a week
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im not in any pain just small little cramps once in a while
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got charged $25 for this.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay as I was in the operating room. If you have not actually seen the stone pass, and then you cannot assume that it has passed. The fact that you're continuing to bleed is likely a sign that the stone is still in place but not causing enough blockage to cause you pain. If it is been four weeks and you still have not passed the stone, then you need to get into see a urologist immediately to repeat a CAT scan to see where the stone is. You will likely need to be taken to the operating room to remove the stone if it has not passed on its own. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.