Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My name is ***** *****. I suddenly began peeing blood this

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I suddenly began peeing blood this morning. It's also difficult to pee. I go through waves where I have to pee, but it just hurts. And it's just bloody. I even peed some bloody clots. I'm looking to go my doctor tomorrow, but since this popped up, I replied. It's probably very serious so I'm concerned. This happened a few months ago, but it went away the next day. A day hasn't passed, but this is worse than the last time so I guess i shouldn't have done nothing then.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I suddenly began peeing blood this morning. It's also difficult to pee. I go through waves where I have to pee, but it just hurts. And it's just bloody. I even peed some bloody clots. I'm looking to go my doctor tomorrow, but since this popped up, I replied. It's probably very serious so I'm concerned. This happened a few months ago, but it went away the next day. A day hasn't passed, but this is worse than the last time so I guess i shouldn't have done nothing then.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Urology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Okay
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a history of smoking? How old are you? What is your gender?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't smoke, never have. I'm 51 and male.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

If you are having problems peeling and are passing clots, this is a sign of serious bleeding that cannot wait until tomorrow. You need to go to the ER now to be seen. They need to do a CT scan and call in a urologist to figure out what is bleeding so they can stop it. It could be infection, stones, or even tumors of the urinary tract. You need to have his evaluated now before you cannot urinate at all, which will cause severe pain. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I'm going right now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I'm really scared and I don't have insurance, but I guess I have no choice.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I wish you the best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

No. You don't have a choice as this is getting serious.