Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Can Varicocele in the testicles cause some veins to become

Customer Question

can Varicocele in the testicles cause some veins to become hard and solid feeling? Almost like a very short piece of uncooked spaghetti. I definitely have Varicocele in my left testicle (feels+ looks like bag of worms) but I noticed that some parts of one of the veins has become hard/solidified. I want to make sure it's not cancer. It is not attached or in the testicle, but rather next to it in the "bag of worms". Also if a lump is cancerous will it always change in size or is it possible for it to not grow? Thankyou.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

That pice of hard spaghetti you are feeling is your vas deferens, which is the structure next to your testicle that carries sperm. This is likely what you are feeling. Think not cancer. Hope this helps.