Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I've noticed that the tip of my penis, just under the

Customer Question

I've noticed that the tip of my penis, just under the urethra, is a little pink and swollen. I know it isn't an STD or anything, I haven't had sex for awhile, I was wondering what it was. It doesn't hurt and it isn't itchy or anything.I tore my frenulum a couple months ago, so have been leaving my penis along for the most part as a result to let it heal. So I wasn't sure if, A.) the pink swelling at the tip is just a result of me not having washed it for awhile? or B.) Because I haven't masturbated for awhile, sometimes pre-ejaculatory fluid may come out so I'm not sure if it's infected the area a bit (again, because I haven't been washing it in the shower.)It doesn't look like a yeast infection, does it?I've included a picture as an attachment.
Category: Urology
Expert:  khagihara replied 11 months ago.

It doesn't seem to be yeast infection but just inflammation. You should try over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream for 2 weeks. But you should not use it more than for 2 weeks.