Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I recently underwent major hear surgery, but have had

Customer Question

I recently underwent major hear surgery, but have had problems ejaculating during sex ever since.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Do you get good erections ?

Do you have dry ejaculation?

Are you taking any drug for prostate problem?

Any other symptoms you have?

Please let me know.

Dr.Tharun

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I get fair erections, but 50mg Viagra produces excellent erections. When I do ejaculate it's very little semen. I'm not taking any drug for the prostate problem. Prior to surgery in November my capacity to ejaculate was much better. Aside from the trauma of the surgery the only other medical change was the addition of daily 25 mg of metoprolol succinate er.
Thank you, Tom

It might be the surgical stress and recovery process which might have taken its toll on the ejaculation.

The bed rest and the weight loss associated with the surgery can cause weaken the tone of the pelvic muscles responsible for ejaculation. Also semen production can reduce over a period of time.

Just give it some time And take it slowly before you can call it final.

Drink plenty of water and healthy diet. Body toning exercises would be good to get back the lost muscle tone of the body.

You can take some vitamin supplement with zinc and selenium which are good prostate supplements.

Metaprolol can decrease the strength of erection.

Dr.Tharun