Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had unprotected oral sex (i received)about 6 to 7 weeks

Customer Question

I had unprotected oral sex (i received)about 6 to 7 weeks ago - in the last week or so I have been experiencing some discomfort on the head of my penis. This is intermittent -generally not there during the morning-comes and goes during the day- not sure if I was exposed to an std?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 11 months ago.

Yes. It is very possible that you may have been exposed to an STD such as gonorrhea or herpes causing this sensation. It can also be a bacterial utinary tract infection. You need to get in to see your doctor for STD testing and you will most likely need to be started on antibiotics. Hope this helps.