khagihara
khagihara, Medical doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I cannot pee, very painful. Sees like penis contracting and

Customer Question

I cannot pee, very painful. Sees like penis contracting and tip is sensitive
Category: Urology
Expert:  khagihara replied 11 months ago.

It could be bacteria infection of the urethra. You should go to the ER to have an urine test and get antibiotics.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I went to ER last night and they came up with same. I was doubtful at first because 1) how does a small infection cause so much pain? 2) how could holding in my pee for long time(episode began) result in an infection. I've taken some antibiotics since and having an easier time urninating. Pain is getting slightly better. Hopefully I'll continue to progress until normal. Dr. also advise to drink more fluids.

Hope you get better soon.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm able to urinate somewhat but the pain is still there. It's tolerable in daytime but sleeping is a challenge. How long should the pain last?

Usually you will be better within 1 week. Take pain mediation. If the pain doesn't get better, you should see a urologist to have an exam to exclude a urethral stone, herpes infection, fungal infection, and so forth.