Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I got a small cut on my frenulum about two months ago. I am

Customer Question

Hello, I got a small cut on my frenulum about two months ago. I am circumcised and don't have a shortened frenulum, it was simply a small friction burn. For the first four weeks, I tried to be careful but continued masturbating (attempting to not touch
the frenulum directly) but it prevented it from healing completely. The last four weeks I have abstained from masturbating, and it seems to have healed, albeit with a small amount of scar tissue. It's relatively unnoticeable, but a small area that used to
have a ridge is now a little smoother. Since I've begun masturbating again, (just a few times) I've found that I ejaculate after just a few seconds. My question is, is it possible that the small amount of scar tissue on the frenulum has given me a new level
of hypersensitivity? (I read online - probably not the best place to do research - that scar tissue can be more sensitive than normal skin...) Or is it more likely that it is a psychological issue, that the fear/anxiety of causing damage is causing the premature
ejaculation. (I have a history of premature ejaculation that I overcame years ago, so I'm hoping it's just that.) I've included a photo in case you'd find it helpful. Thanks
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.

HI

You can post the pic here.

Do you take any medications ?

Any other issues ?

Dr.Tharun

Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.

Photo is already there , So just let me know of other info only.

Dr.Tharun

Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.

Hi

There is no obvious scar formation in that area and should not be the cause for premature ejaculation.

I assume it is just anxiety about injuring your frenulum again while you are masturbating. This should settle with time as the anxiety and apprehension resolves.

So try to relax and concentrate on the act. If you worry about the other things, the moment slips out of control and you ejaculate prematurely.

If it persists then you should see your doctor who can prescribe medications to tide over the crisis. Dapoxetine iis the preferred medication for this problem.

If you have any queries , please let me know.

Dr.Tharun

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.