Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had a sonogram done on 30 JAN 2015,showing that I had a

Customer Question

I had a sonogram done on 30 JAN 2015,showing that I had a Left kidney calculus at the mid portion measuring 0.6cm without evidence of hydronerphrosis. I want to know what is the best course of action for this, since I have some important upcoming events
in the first quarter of 2016 ( I dont want a stone pain in the middle of out of town events). I'm planning on going to a local urologist for evaluation, since it was about a year of the finding.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The best course of action depends on the skill of your urologist. If you want this removed with the least amount of potential procedures, then ureteroscopy would be the best choice. Lithotripsy may be possible, but you still have to pass the fragments on your own and they may get hung up in the ureter and still cause you pain. Therefore, I would recommend ureteroscopy. Hope this helps.