How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrThomasMd Your Own Question
DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 63757
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
24257177
Type Your Urology Question Here...
DrThomasMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have tested positive in a urine test ... the number is .80

Customer Question

I have tested positive for trichothecenes in a urine test ... the number is ***** ppb ... I'm not sure what htat means or what action I need to take and was hoping tat you might be able to assist me.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Not a meaningful test really

Why was it done?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Because I have been having pretty severe symptoms for a year and a half which got better when I left my home ... my symptoms started with having a reaction to vinegar. I thought it was some kind of allergy and stayed away from it. When I went on vacation to Italy I was able to eat vinegar every day with no issues. I even went to a vinegar tasting and bought a bottle of vinegar ... unfortunately once I got home I was not able to eat the vinegar without a reaction. Then I was no longer able to drink pepsi ... I switched to ginger ale and that was ok for a while and then I was not able to have ginger ale anymore ... started drinking Sierra Mist and at this point I am not able to have any soda. Then I started having a reaction to ketchup and mayonnaise and canned tomatoes. I was on antibiotics monthly due to terrible sinus infections. Other symptoms were severe headaches, body aches, dizziness, blurred vision, memory issues, exhaustion, heart palpitations, trouble breathing and severe neck aches and general weakness. I moved out of my house in April after falling asleep at my desk at work. I was checked by my doctor and had a full physical which came back fine. Within 3 weeks I was feeling much better. I had the air quality in my home checked for mold and it did come back with some Stachebatros (not sure of spelling) spores ... I had the air ducts, chimney, air condition unit, washing machine, dryer cleaned. I had the house checked for formaldehyde. I recently threw out my mattress and box spring and surprisingly am feeling a lot better but I'm still not able to eat a lot of foods.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 11 months ago.

OK

The test reveals a mold toxin.

If the house has been taken care of OK.

I would have the house reinspected.

The only way to deal with mold is to avoid it.

There is no medicine for this lab finding.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.