Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have had type 2 diabetes and have had one stent 10 years.

Customer Question

I have had type 2 diabetes and have had one stent for approx 10 years. My prostate was non-surgically removed 9 months ago due to prostate cancer. Otherwise, I am in reasonably good health with prescribed medications. I am thinking of using prescribed
trimix for ED. Is that a good idea, what are the ingredients in trimix, how long should I expect to use the trimix and is it safe?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Tharun replied 12 months ago.

HI

Non surgically means radiation therapy or hormone injections ?

Have you tried medications like cialis , viagra or levitra ?

How is your cardiac status now ?

What medications do you take for the cardiac problem?

Please let me know.

Dr.Tharun

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Dr. Tharun;My prostate was removed by "lazer" surgery March 2015
I have tried the three pills, I took Cialis for about two-three years until my prostate removal because of cancer.
I experience no cardiac problems at this time.
I am not taking any medicine for cardiac except one aspirin daily'.

HI

If the pills are not working then next option could be intra penile injections - It could be CAevrject , Bi Mix or Tri-Mix.

Caverject is commercial preparation and can be bought, but bimix and trimix have to be prepared by a pharmacist locally with a prescription.

You should try caverject first and then move to bimix or trimix.These injections are quite effective but have the risks of local injury , pain, bleeding etc.

Much better option is a penile implant which is much safer and easier to use and has no failure rate except infection.

Dr.Tharun.