Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

The other dayI had great sex with my wife, probably the best

Customer Question

Hi. The other dayI had great sex with my wife, probably the best in a long time. About 20 minutes after I had a pain on the head of my penis almost as if chaffed and very sensitive to the touch. I noticed a slight spot where the pain was originating from
on the head, very slight under the skin like slightly darker then the rest, small but noticeable. Its been 3 days and its still very sore but only when something rubs against it. I don't see any chaffed skin just what looks like a possible broken blood vessel.
Would this cause pain, if so how long until it heals? I t does not hurt to urinate or with an erection or to ejaculate, simply only when clothes or anything touches it. Thanks for your help
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 12 months ago.

Can you post a picture of the affected area?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hi, thanks. its hard to post a picture as its hard to capture. also i would prefer not to post a picture on the internet. but its a small red mark underneath the skin of the head of my penis on the left side. Can this be a bruise that has pain and if so how long until it heals/feels better?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 12 months ago.

It's possible to be a bruise if it just happened. This may take 1-2 weeks to clear up and you can try to put some neosporin on it to help this heal quicker.