Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

According to my lab results, my urine was cloudy, nitrite

Customer Question

According to my lab results, my urine was cloudy, nitrite was positive, leukocyte esterase was 1+, white blood cells 5-9 and bacteria was 4+. My doctor reported to me everything is normal. These results were also true a year ago. I am asymptomatic for UTI, but I don't understand how this is "normal".
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This is definitely not normal. These results are consistent with a UTI. Did the doctor send a formal urine culture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that I'm aware of. These lab results were due to routine "wellness" check up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? Are we done here?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Well you definitely need to see your doctor to do a formal urine culture to help prescribe the correct antibiotics to clear the infection. If your doctor think this test is normal, you definitely need to find a new doctor to help you treat this. Hope this helps.