Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Was having some bladder pain and back pain so I Just got

Customer Question

Was having some bladder pain and back pain so I Just got back from the doctor and once again I have blood in my urine. Microscopic This has been going on for over 25 years.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, your friend is correct. If all the evaluation for the microscopic hematuria turns of negative including the CT scan and cystoscopy, then you need to be evaluated by an affront to just to make sure there is no medical renal disease as the cause of your microscopically hematuria. There are conditions such as nephritis or nephrotic syndrome that can cause microscopic blood in the urine. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My gp said that since this has been going on since my early 20's it is no need for concern. Are there just cases of Microscopic blood that cannot ever be explained?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Even the urologist did not recommend that I see a kidney specialist.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. About 30% of the time, we can never find the cause of the microscopic bleeding.