Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a urinary tract infection...need to catch plane this

Customer Question

I have a urinary tract infection...need to catch plane this afternoon. Anything to help me besides cranberry juice and water, water, water?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

If you are not having fevers but just burning, you can go to the pharmacy to buy an over-the-counter medication called a AZO to help stop the burning. If you do have fevers, unfortunately, you want to see a doctor to get a prescription for antibiotics. Hope this helps and safe travels.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the frequency and urgency?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

That will only really start to get better once the infection goes away. If your symptoms are that severe, then you may need to go to an urgent care center for antibiotics. But the AZO may help those symptoms as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Have purchased AZO. Will seem
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Great. I wish you well. Happy holidays and safe travels. Please don't forget to leave a rating. Thanks!