Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I had back surgery 2 weeks ago at T5 & T6 to remove an

Customer Question

I had back surgery 2 weeks ago at T5 & T6 to remove an infection in my spine. I have partial paralysis in my legs and cannot walk. I am in the hospital receiving medication and PT. I have sensation in my feet and can wiggle my toes. They removed my Foley catheter early in the AM yesterday then had to replace it later because I could not urinate. Is there a procedure to retrain my bladder that I could benefit from prior to removal of the Foley catheter?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

At this point there is no "training" that, most likely, will help your bladder work faster.

This is especially true given your recent surgery and severe infection.

So. What is the take home message?

Give things time to heal up. Hopefully your bladder will work again once the swelling etc is gone

Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I'm glad that you are feeling well enough to get online in the hospital.....that is a good step.