How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, MD
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 44873
Experience:  Experienced physican in Urology
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Well I have been having some ed issues. Well its hard to get

Customer Question

Hi doc
Well I have been having some ed issues.
Well its hard to get an erection need a lot of manual stimulation especially to get going like that first 10 -20-30 percent of erection it's like my penis is dead.
Once past that first 40 percent I need to stop and start otherwise I will come while semi soft.
But if I start stop I can get three it's just a lot of effort.
And starting off is the worst pary and getting going.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

are you taking any medications at this point?

you should see a doctor and get your blood testosterone levels checked.

do you have excessive anxiety symptoms? anxiety can kill an erection.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I guess everybody has a bit of anxiety but feel that's not the problem.
No dont take any medication I am 32 years old.
I will send you my test levels in the below atachmemts which was taken in the morning as it should be.
It was done in Australia.
Also have some night time erection depends on sleep quality.
But have not had daytime random erection in a year.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

your testosterone levels look normal.

you should see a urologist and get a prostate ultrasound to check for proper blood flow.

if you are overweight, this can affect and cause poor blood flow in the area.

if you have a pinched nerve in your lower back or sacrum, this can affect nerve function to the penis

you might need medications like viagra or cialis to help improve your erections.

are you willing to see a urologist for testing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well my back feels fine. I am not overweight
As for prostate well I have one kidney stone and few times when I Did ultrasound for kidneys they also look at the shape of the prostate and stuff so not sure if that includes want you meant?
I also did ultra sound on bladder and stuff because I have to pee sometimes few times a night but they found nothing.What you think?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I think you should talk to your doctor about medications like viagra or cialis to see if they will help you with erections.