Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

How does a botox injection usually last if put intot he

Customer Question

Customer: How long does a botox injection usually last if put intot he external urinary sphincter
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Bed wetting all my life. Last five ears day time incontinence. Lately I have episodes where I have total loss of control which is hard to deal with. Id rather have a constant dribble. No nerver damage, and I am 68 years old.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Urology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: are yoiu a robot?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, sorry for the delay in the response. Botox typically lasts anywhere from 3 to 6 months when placed into the sphincter. This varies from person to person. Once it wears out, you will need to get another injection. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.