DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
24257177

Last few weeks I have been experiencing the following

Customer Question

For the last few weeks I have been experiencing the following symptoms:
I experience discomfort in my lower abdomen mostly it is generalized but I have felt it on either side. Frequent urination, an uncomfortable sensation when my bladder is full that sometimes seems to continue after I urinate, but no pain with urination. I work an active job and I do feel like it is slightly worse after intense periods of moving around and I sometimes have found myself feeling just generally bad during this time, but no fever as far as I know. Also I've had some vaginal discharge.
I recently went to the urgent care, where they took and urine sample and did a pelvic exam. They found blood in my urine but no bacteria. And she took a swab of the discharge (yellow-green) I should have the results sometimes next week.
I was sexually active previously to this starting so I have not ruled out the possibility that I have an infection related to that.
I would like some insight as to what this could be as I am anxious to get the results. Also I do have a fairly crappy HMO plan, and would like to know what the next moves should be should the urine/vagianal swab come back without results.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

You need an ultrasound of the abdomen.

Bladder, ovaries, etc.

Blood can be contamination, march hematuria, or a bladder problem.

It does not sound like infection.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.