Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have been having an aching on my left side of and

Customer Question

I have been having an aching on my left side of balls and sometimes it is in penis. It is off and on. This has been going on since June.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This type of pain is very common in men and give me due to multiple causes. The most common causes chronic nerve irritation due to inflammation of the nerves. Sometimes, surgery such as a vasectomy or a hernia repair can irritate the nerves. We typically start by prescribing an anti-inflammatory medication such as meloxicam to stop the inflammation. If this does not work, then and medication such as gabapentin can be prescribed to help stop the nerve pain. However, sometimes this pain can be due to cysts on or around the testicle itself. I would recommend that you get into see a urologist for an examination and they may need to do an ultrasound to see if you have a cyst that could be causing your pain. Sometimes, these can be removed surgically to stop the pain. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.