Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

72 year old male 3.9 pSA 11/1/15 2.95 4/1/15 2.6 4/1/14

Customer Question

Customer: 72 year old male 3.9 pSA 11/1/15 2.95 4/1/15 2.6 4/1/14
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Do is just wait until my next check up 4.15.16
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Urology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

At your age, your PSA is considered normal. Any PSA level below 4.0 is normal. Current guidelines say that we should stop checking PSA's after the age of 69 as the side effects of treatment are not worth the side effects to treat a prostate cancer that is most likely not going to kill you at that age. As long as you have seen a urologist and have had a prostate examination that is normal, I would recommend that no further PSA testing being done. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.