Dr. David, MD
Experience:  Experienced physican in Urology
41363181

Lately I've been leaking out urine and semen throughout the

Customer Question

So lately I've been leaking out urine and semen throughout the day. I thought maybe if I decreased all types of sexual activity it would fix the problem. I went two months without any type of sexual activity and it fixed the problem. I just recently had sex again and I started leaking the next day. Is there anyway type of medicine or exercise I can take to fix this problem?
Thanks
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you can try kegel exercises which are pelvic floor muscle strengthening exercises.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/mens-health/in-depth/kegel-exercises-for-men/art-20045074

are some instructions on how to do the exercise.

you should see a urology doctor and get a scrotal ultrasound and urine culture.

there is a chance the leakage can be from an infection in the urethra or scrotum

some penile infections can cause fluid or pus to come out of the penis.

this needs to be cultured with a urethral swab and culture to check for infection.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try the exercise. I'm not sure if it is an infection because the leakage went away after no sexual activities in 3 weeks. If it was some kind of bacteria it would've persisted. Also, I'm recently taking an antibiotic for an ear infection so the antibiotics, I believe would've helped the issues.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it may not be from an infection

but urine urethral culture is the best way to be sure.

try the kegel exercises and see if they help

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com