Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am 63 and have had genital herpes some 20 yrs. I had it

Customer Question

I am 63 and have had genital herpes for about some 20 yrs. I had it under control all these times, its recurrence is irregular sometimes it can be a yr in between. Two weeks ago, it appeared with some bro***** *****ning on my skin (uncircumcised) where I think it's the retracting area is and then pus appeared in follow. The herpes itself seemed to get better overtime but broken (split) area did not seem to change from infected and cause fever and itch a lot. I have to put ice pad 24 hrs. When I go out I have to carry ice with me for soothing. What could this be. The split area is almost from left to right and with pus, and 1 milimether wide. Please let me know what do you think I might have in addition to herpes. My whole penis feels so sensitive at touch, not even underwear can be worn.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Please post a photo of the affected area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I post additional picture requested by Dr. Y. I am not satisfied yet.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Use the paperclip icon on the desktop application to attach a photo.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not received any answer except asking me to post the picture of the affected area. I tried to copy and paste but it does not seem to work.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

You have to attach the photo using the paperclip icon to upload the photo.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr. Y, this is the pic you requested.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This looks like a condition called balanoposthitis. This is typically due to a fungal infection. You need to get into see your doctor or a urologist for an examination and they likely need to prescribe a steroid and antifungal cream such as betamethasone with clotrimazole. This could take 6 to 8 weeks to completely heal. Hope this helps.