Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I'm 27 years old and most recently I have been experiencing

Customer Question

Hi I'm 27 years old and most recently I have been experiencing issues maintaining an erection. It's been inconsistent. Honestly ever since late September I've noticed the inconsistency. Prior to that, I was honestly, getting constant erections just thinking about a woman. Looking at one. Now recently, I thought everything was good but a few weeks back but I don't get the same feeling. I masterbated maybe a couple times a week when wanting to. I'm not sure what to do. I'm 27. I work out 4-5 days a week. A year ago my cholesterol and sugar we're all checked. I was told I aced those tests and was perfectly healthy. BP 110/70. I met an amazing girl in January and we had great sex for hours even. Now I was with her Saturday night and I didn't get a full erection when I first saw her and it was about half when I kissed her. Help ?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Do you wake in the morning with erections? Are you taking any medications or supplements?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not take anything. I mean a daily multi vitamin. And I wake up with an erection sometimes as of recent sure. Sometimes I force one.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll say this. There was a two week stint where I felt like it wasn't working in early October. Then things recharged back to normal. Now the past week or so I'm feeling inconsistent.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Are you having any pain when you urinate or pain behind the scrotum area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmm no pain. I get sore around the pelvic region time to time but I do exercises with weights and that was never a problem. I usually just lift light anymore especially squat areas.I do have a weird feeling in my penis area. It just feels weak I gues for standard term. I do have some sinus issues and in my ears but I don't think that would be in any relation.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The weird sensation may be related to a prostate infection called prostatitis. Prostatitis can cause problems with erections. I would recommend you see your doctor for an exam and if they detect prostatitis, then you may need to be treated with a course of antibiotics to treat the infection and allow your elections to return to normal. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are the symptoms and is it serious?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes, you can just have pain in your penis. Sometimes you can have burning when you urinate or pain behind the scrotum. It can be serious if you start to have high fevers. This is why you need to be evaluated for this now before it gets worse if you have it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. So do these cause permanent sexual performances? I woke up with a strong erection Saturday morning. Weak one on Sunday. I stopped getting them in the day when I could just think about a girl and I'd arouse.It makes me nervous how this could just go from excellent to a complete 180
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This ED is. Not permanent. Once you get treated for the possible infection, your elections will return to normal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this could affect morning erections?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How quickly could this be resolved with treatment? The fact that I have a weird feeling in the penis area when I'm sitting down could have that affect of a prostate Infection? I just don't want this to hinder potential performance this weekend
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

No. That feeling is likely from your prostate infection. Treatment can take 3-4 weeks of antibiotic therapy.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do these types of infections occur? Causes? Sorry I'm asking many questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any chance I can achieve an erection before an appointment is made?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This can occur from STDs or just can occur sporadically. If you can't get an erection, then you may need to see your doctor for a prescription