DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
24257177

Can osmolax irritate the bladder? I was advised by the

Customer Question

Can osmolax irritate the bladder? I was advised by the hospital nurses to take treble the dosage of osmolax to fix a serious bowel problem possibly caused by peripheral neuropathy connected with my multiple myeloma. I just cannot force anything out of my bowels, no strength, hence the increase in the dosage. The result is extreme irritation of the bladder, almost immediately. I also concurrently have a bladder irritation problem but it is now ten times worse. I have been drinking a lot of water but there is no improvement.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

By altering gut flora, this medicine can predispose more to urinary or bladder infection.

The side effects are GI.

You need to go have an exam and urinalysis.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Did you have further questions.

Are you having problems rating [we are paid by positives].