Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Chip. The tip of my penis feels cold and it's just a strange

Customer Question

Hi Dr chip. The tip of my penis feels cold and it's just a strange sensation, making it hard to concentrate on tasks.. I have no pain during urination. Although I do feel like Im getting leakage in my briefs. But when I check, it dry down there. Can u help me out?!
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

How old are you?

Are you sexually active

How long have you had these symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 28 years old. I am sexually active. But I always use protection. I've had these symptoms for about a week, the only symptom is if I touch the tip of my penis it feels colder than it should be, no discharge or pain urinating. It's just uncomfortable and distracting. And the leakage feeling I get in my briefs, but when I check its dry down there..
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The symptoms you describe are consistent with a prostate infection called prostatitis. This can make the tip of your penis feel cold and make you feel like you are having discharge. This can be associated with a sexually-transmitted disease. You need to get in to see your doctor for a urine culture as well as STD testing and you may need to be placed on a course of antibiotics to treat this. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.