Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had urine culture done "Clean-catch midstream urine

Customer Question

I had urine culture done "Clean-catch midstream urine collection", after the urine culture, they found out I have cystitis. I am just wondering why I'm still having pain that is like wave form. Today, the pain is in my left side, yesterday it was in the
ribcage in my right lower breast. Few days ago the pain was in my right side and it is moving all over the place. I just don't understand why the pain is like that.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The cystitis can cause bladder spasms and the symptoms you describe. Your doctor can prescribe a medication such as oxybutynin to help stop these spasms. You need to discuss this with your doctor. Hope this helps.