Dr. David, MD
Experience:  Experienced physican in Urology
41363181

I use thick pads to absorb Urine. The pads are dry when I

Customer Question

I use thick pads to absorb Urine. The pads are dry when I put them on, and dry the next morning. They do not seem to catch or absorb the urine. The urine stays on my skin and burns me--very uncomfortable. Any suggestions? Diana xxxxxxx
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having these burning issues.

at your age, it is very common to have vaginal atrophy and vaginal dryness so severe that even a little drop of urine can cause burning of the vaginal and vulvar area

the best way to treat vaginal atrophy is to use a vaginal estrogen cream on the vulvar area

this will help strengthen the skin there and help decrease the sensitivity of the area.

you might need to see a gyn doctor to talk about getting a prescription for a vaginal estrogen cream

have you used a vaginal estrogen cream before?