Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I recently switched from cipro to Bactrim and was just

Customer Question

Hi I recently switched from cipro to Bactrim and was just wondering if I can take azo because it has pyridium? My other doctor gave me pyridium to take for 2 days and I took that. So is it okay if I take it again? It's been 3 days since I took pyridium
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. It is OK to take the puridium. Just do not take the AZO and the pyridium at the same time as they are essentially the same medication. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have another question. I couldn't take some doses because I was busy with school (Bactrim) so i missed some doses but I just took one pill at 6pm tonight & 7pm last night . Will me missing doses increase the chances of me getting a UTI again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Isn't it impossible to get another UTI while you're taking antibiotics?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. Missing doses of an antibiotic put you at risk for developing antibiotic resistance. It is certainly possible to still get a urinary tract infection while you are on antibiotics as the bacteria can change. This is why it's important to take all your prescribed doses

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only missed one dose though. I'm gonna take my normal dosage tomorrow. Does yeast infection do the same thing? Like can it create the same symptoms
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, a yeast infection can sometimes cause some of the same type of symptoms of a urinary tract infection would cause. This is why a urine culture is necessary to determine if you truly have a urine infection.