Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I'm 37 and I have always had erectile dysfunction. What's

Customer Question

I'm 37 and I have always had erectile dysfunction . What's the best way to cure it. I have tried viagra and it worked a few times and the pills were 100's. I'm at the end of my ideas. Please I need your help
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for contacting Justanswer.

What investigations did your doctor do and what were the results?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every single time I talk to a doctor about it they write me a prescription for viagra or cialis and tell me to give it a shot. Then when I tell them it only worked a few times they tell me that I need surgery or something like that . I just want a way to get and keep and erection for more than 5 minutes
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply.

With an erection problem consulting a doctor preferably a urologist is highly recommended. Erectile dysfunction should not be considered a normal part of the aging process, hence the causative factor for this symptom has to looked for, and this could be due to psychological, vascular, neurologic, or hormonal malfunctions. The incidence of ED is often higher among men with hypertension. Another significant risk factor in the development of ED is smoking. Psychological causes of ED include depression, anger, and stress-related causes.

Normal penile erection requires full functioning of the vascular, nervous, and hormonal systems, and erectile dysfunction can therefore be due to psychological, vascular, neurologic, or hormonal malfunctions. Morning erections is a good sign that the physiology is normal. Hence I would suggest that you consult a urologist if your doctor is not investigating the cause, and have yourself examined and get the investigations which your doctor thinks to be relevant done.

Just treating it with medications is not the solution.

Take care.

Please rate the answer with an excellent five star positive rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have morning erections. I'll make an appointment with a a urologist
Expert:  Dr. Ravoof replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer,

Thanks for your reply and good to hear both of your statements.

Take care.