Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

What does UA HCB 0.03 (1+)? it says standard range should be

Customer Question

what does UA HCB 0.03 (1+)? it says standard range should be zero
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Can you scan in the actual report? I am not familiar with what HCB is on your report.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't scan it
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Can you type in the actual report?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has a list of glucose, ketones, etc and all show what they are supposed to be but where it says UA HCB, it stays standard range is negative mg/dl but my value is 0.03 (1+)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
another part of the results that looked off are: where it measures RBC, URINE HPF , the standard range is 0-3/HPF, but my value is 4-10.What does this mean also?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Based on the limited information that I have from the urinalysis, it appears to me that you may have microscopic blood in the urine. Blood in the urine can be due to multiple things including unrecognized kidney stones, urinary tract infections, or rarely, tumors of the urinary tract. It sounds to me like you need to get into see a urologist for a full evaluation to include a CT scan of your abdomen and pelvis and possibly cystoscopy to look inside the bladder to evaluate his problems. You should discuss this with the doctor who ordered your urine test. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is also a part that says: mucous, ur sed, ql, automated count. Standard value is none/hpf but mine says present
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could this be due to an std? I went in because my boyfriend said he had cloudy discharge come out when he pees but went to the doctor and they said he has nitrates in his urine. And is awaiting more tests but he suggested I get tested as well (I've never had an std)
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like he has a UTI and you probably have one as well. The discharge he has makes me suspicious that he has an STD. He needs to be tested for STDs and it sounds like you need to be tested for STDs as well