Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice
Experience:  I have 14 years experience in Family Practice which includes the treatment of most co
13781349

I occasionally get pains in my right testicle.. I have

Customer Question

I occasionally get pains in my right testicle.. I have received a few kicks to the testicles a few years ago, but not a major injury.
I have noticed that my scrotum skin has become red and I get pain in my lower abdomen after urination and sometimes a stinging pain at the tip of my penis after urination which lasts for about 5 mins.
I was born with problems with my kidneys and had an operation to correct bilateral reflux when I was 6 years old. I currently have right sided renal scarring.
Could this possible be linked and should I see my GP. What would he do to examine me and what kind of tests would I need?
Thanks
Category: Urology
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Yes you should see your doctor for these symptoms...

It sounds that you may have a urinary tract infection...the redness of scrotum and soreness of the testicles could be epididymitis ( infection of tube between testicle and prostate)

The prostate should be checked ...infection of prostate gland may correspond with some of your symptoms

Do your doctor will likely need to check your scrotum and testicles and lower abdomen and pelvic exam ...you will probably need the urine to be checked (urinalysis )

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD