Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Please explain my ultrasound Renal and Bladder imaging

Customer Question

Please explain my ultrasound Renal and Bladder imaging report regarding the following statement:
The report: Bladder: No focal bladder wall thickening or intraluminal mass. There is a focal echogenic structure located within the anterior bladder wall with ringdown artifact which is nonspecific. This could represent calcification of the bladder wall. Bilateral ureteral jets are identified. No significant postvoid residual.
Thank you for your time and effort. It is greatly appreciated.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me if you were having any blood in the urine? Do you smoke?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not smoke. 2 weeks ago my I had a physical exam. My urinalysis showed occult blood Negative. I do not smoke. Urea nitrogen 28. Creatinine 1.91. The renal portion of the ultrasound showed 5mm stone in left kidney. No masses in either kidney.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Your ultrasound results make it sound like there may be a mass inside your bladder. However, often times, what appears to be a mass on ultrasound just ends up being a redundant fold in the bladder. In order to further evaluate what this may be, you need to have cystoscopy done to look inside the bladder. If you do not smoke and you don't have blood in your urine, the chances of this being a cancer is essentially zero. Hope this helps.