Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Dr.
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I went back to playing football after 2 weeks of absence due

Customer Question

I went back to playing football after 2 weeks of absence due to time factor , after a mins of running around i begin to have the urgent urge to pass urine but when it could come out i feel burning and painful sensation and it came out like 2-3 drop of
water, i ran again for 10 mins i had the same urge and it came out the same way. The painful sensation and burning sensation later stopped when i got home but now i feel tingling and shrinking sensation in my testicle. I decided to go for urine test which
came out that am having staph infection.Could it be staph really because i really don't understand.had my kidney check which came out good but for about 2 weeks now. i feel tingling sensation in my left fingers and i feel tingling and burning sensation when
i touch my phone screen touch and my laptop trackpad.. Are this all related
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

The symptoms that you mention surely do indicate that you had a urine infection, which in your case was proven to be Stah infection.

However the other symptoms that you are experiencing do not all point to it being related to a Staph infection. For the other symptoms like tingling in the fingers you would require further tests such as vitamin B12 levels, thyroid test and x-rays or MRI of your neck to rule out a pinched nerve.

The feeling in the testicles is most likely also related to the infection that you are having.

I am sure you would have already been put on an antibiotic which will cure your urine symptoms.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please do rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.

Kind regards