Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I have a mild burning sensation in my groin and through my

Customer Question

hello, i have a mild burning sensation in my groin and through my penis. it dosnt hurt when i urinate , no blood or puss. iam 57
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like you may have an infection of the prostate called prostatitis. You need to get in to see your doctor or a urologist for a prostate exam and a urine culture and you may need to be started on an antibiotic like ciprofloxacin for 30 days to treat this infection. You can take ibuprofen 800 mg every 8 hours for 7-10 days to decrease the inflammation of the prostate that is causing the pain. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.