Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My wife and I are newlyweds. We both waited to marriage to

Customer Question

My wife and I are newlyweds. We both waited to marriage to have sex and to be frank we are very un-experienced and are still learning. Finding an adequate/comfortable position has been a challenge. Yesterday night I had vaginal intercourse with my wife two times within perhaps a 3 hour time frame. No other sexual activities/practices were engaged.
This morning when I urinated I felt discomfort, specifically a burning sensation in the Penis canal as the urine flowed out. I used a single sheet of toilet paper to wipe the leftover drops from the tip of my penis and I noticed a little bit of blood. I went to the bathroom again later today and noticed the same: Burning sensation and a little bit of blood, only noticeable when I wipe the remaining drops. Any suggestions on what this may be and what may be needed to make it better?
Category: Urology
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

It seem to be UTI (bacteria infection of the bladder). You should see your doctor or go to a urgent care to have a urine test and get antibiotics if it is UTI. Although it is rare men have UTI, you should urinate soon after sex.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A UTI can develop overnight? Any possibility of damage from intercourse?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it can. The possibility is less likely.