Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am 30 years old and have had a problem with my foreskin

Customer Question

I am 30 years old and have had a problem with my foreskin since having sex on a regular basis with my fiance. My foreskin is tight and red at the end and is painful to have an erection with the head of my penis all the way out and I am often sore after sex and masturbation. Also due to cuts from my foreskin over time I have developed what looks to be scares/white bumps where the cuts have healed. I am considering some type of circumcision but I am very shy in reaching out to a doctor in person. I am hoping you can give me some advise?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. This sounds like you have a condition called phimosis. You need to see a urologist to consider a steroid cream called betamethasone for 6-8 weeks. If this doesn't help, then you will need a circumcision. Don't be shy about seeing a urologist about this. We see this type of problem everyday. Hope this helps.