Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

My are in pain with any movement pain is sharp enuf to take

Customer Question

My balls are in pain with any movement pain is sharp enuf to take breathe away. Been off and on for 2 years. For past 4 days it has been constant pain
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Have you had a hernia repair or vasectomy before? What medications have you tried for the pain?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No hernia or vasectomy. I have had an infection
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The most likely cause of the pain is nerve irritation from the prior infection. However, because the pain is so severe at this point, I would recommend that you get into see your doctor to have an ultrasound done of the testicles to make sure there's no active infection or compromise of the blood flow to the testicle. If this ends up just being there pain, your doctor may need to prescribe a course of anti-inflammatory such as meloxicam and a medication called gabapentin which is designed to stop. If that doesn't work, then the last line option would be to do a surgical procedure called a neurolysis to strip the nerves away that are causing the pain. Hope this helps.