Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am a 58 year old male with a story of weak stream, double

Customer Question

I am a 58 year old male with a long history of weak stream, double voiding and getting up 2-4 x per night to urinate. I have been on doxysosin for years with acceptable resultys I take 4 mg in the am and 4 mg at night. Recently my stream has gotten weaker and I am highly concerned that I will need to be a catheder or a trip to the emergency room. In general when I wake up in the am the stream is very very weak..then during the day it gets somewhat better. My BP is 125/80. I exercise regularly, 150 lbs, 5'5" I have no other medical issues and only take one other med, lovastatin to keep my cholorestorol low. My PSA is .7 HDL/LDL is 142, resting heart rate is 66. I have tried flomax, rapaflo and cialis with mixed results always leading me back to doxysosin. I am researching PAE prostate arterial Embolization and Urolift, but would much prefer to stay on meds. My local urologist is not a good listener and I need to replace him. Just wondering do you have any suggestions,
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Have they offered you a surgical procedure such as the gold standard which is the transurethral resection of the prostate to relieve your urinary symptoms so you can stop your medications?