Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I had a dream that I was peeing, and woke up and discovered

Customer Question

I had a dream that I was peeing, and woke up and discovered I actually peed the bed. I'm a 34 year old female, and this has never happened before. But it really scared me. Is this normal? Any idea what caused this?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Did you drink alcohol that evening?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had one glass last night. But the previous night I had more. Although it never affected me like this before.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This leakage of urine at night can I have been very occasionally especially after you drink alcohol. This is nothing to be concerned about. You should just make sure you empty your bladder completely try not to drink alcohol within four hours of bedtime. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I only had one glass last night. Would my drinking the night before cause this? I've had more alcohol than that before and this never happened.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

You probably already had a pretty full bladder to begin with and the little bit of alcohol was enough to send your bladder in to spasm to cause you to leak urine.