Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

If your not circumcised.wat would cause your penis skin to

Customer Question

if your not circumcised.wat would cause your penis skin to swell
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Is this only affecting the foreskin?

Or is there any involvement of the skin of the glans of the penis or the shaft of the penis?

Are there any associated symptoms?

I had asked for some additional information and have not heard back.

There are several possible causes of swelling of the skin of the penis, although specific skin that is affected and whether there are any associated symptoms would suggest which is the most likely cause of the swelling.

The most likely cause would be an infection, and the most common germs that can cause this type of infection would be fungal or bacterial infections. It is also possible that swelling can be related to an inflammatory condition, such as an allergic dermatitis. If the skin that is affected is primarily the foreskin or the glans, that would be more worrisome for infection, but if it is affecting the shaft of the penis it would be more worrisome for an inflammatory condition.

Although it would require a proper evaluation to determine the exact cause, another option would be to try an over the counter antifungal cream, such as clotrimazole, particularly if the foreskin and glans is affected.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.