Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

Last night when I went to urinate I found that I had blood

Customer Question

Last night when I went to urinate I found that I had blood in my urine. This morning was the same. Blood in urine and on toilet paper. What do I do?
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Did you have pain with this bleeding?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No pain
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Blood in the urine can be an indication of a urine infection, kidney stones, or tumors of the kidneys, ureters, or bladder. This is why it is important to get in to see a urologist to have a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis done and cystoscopy to rule out the stones and cancerous causes. While the cancerous causes are not likely, they should not be missed and this is why this evaluation is very important. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr Y. I will go in to see my practitioner this morning.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome. I wish you the best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.