Dr. David, MD
Experience:  Experienced physican in Urology
41363181

, My SHBG is 67. It's killing my sex drive. I've tried

Customer Question

Customer: Hello,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My SHBG is 67. It's killing my sex drive. I've tried Vitamin D3, stinging nettle root extract, magnesium and zinc to help lower it, but it's not helping. I abused steroids for a brief period and this is the result.
JA: OK got it. Last thing – JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Urology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I don't mind. Either way.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: I should add to the above, that I am currently taking Clomid in addition to the above mentioned vitamins (which I understand can raise SHBG). It was prescribed to me in order to get my testosterone producing again after stopping testosterone.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

what is your most recent testosterone level?

how long where you taking supplemental testosterone?

why were you taking supplemental testosterone?

how old are you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 42. My most recent total testosterone level was 580. Free Testosterone was at 10.
I took test for about 2.5 yrs. I started it as an anti aging program and then for the last year of it I abused it pretty severely in order to gain more muscle. It has been 7 months since I took any test at all. I'm now only taking the clomid (.25mg eod) as a restart program, plus the aforementioned vitamins to try and bring down the SHBG. My E2 is in the normal range (don't have the report in front of me for the actual figure). Let me know if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

sounds like your body got use to very high testosterone levels for the last year.

it can take 3-6 months for your body to get use to lower levels of testosterone

levels of 580 testosterone are normal for most people

but your body has become use to very high levels.

that is why your libido levels are low now

but they will come back with time as your body gets use to more "normal" levels of testosterone

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com